Endocrine and Neuroendocrine Tumors: Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumors
Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for endocine and neuroendocrine tumors and gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Approaches and Surgery
Surgery may be part of the recommended treatment for this cancer type. We provide helpful information about how integrative approaches can coordinate with surgery on our Integrative Approaches and Surgery page.
A starting place for the science and conventional therapies:
- National Cancer Institute:
- About Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumors Treatment (PDQ®)–Patient Version
- Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumors Treatment (PDQ®)–Health Professional Version
- Cancer.net: Carcinoid Tumor
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Professional Guidelines (Login required)
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select carcinoid cancer/neuroendocrine tumors or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- Gurdev Parmar and Tina Kaczor: Textbook of Naturopathic Oncology