Brain, Spine and Nervous System Cancers
Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for brain, spine and nervous system cancers. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
A starting place for the science and conventional therapies:
- National Cancer Institute:
- Cancer.net: Brain Tumor
- Clinical Trials
- A Phase 2 Study of BGJ398 in Patients with Recurrent GBM
- Adult Study: ABT-414 Alone or ABT-414 Plus Temozolomide vs. Lomustine or Temozolomide for Recurrent Glioblastoma Pediatric Study
- Study of CC-122 to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Effectiveness for Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, or Multiple Myeloma
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
Integrative Programs, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about programs and protocols, see our Integrative Programs and Protocols page.|
- Programs and protocols
Advocacy and Support Groups
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select brain tumor or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- American Brain Tumor Association: Social & Emotional Support
- National Brain Tumor Society: Resources for Patient and Caregiver Assistance
- Our Brain Tumors Cocktails and Stories
Three personal stories describe integrative approaches to malignant brain cancer.
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- Yang W, Warrington NM et al. Sex differences in GBM revealed by analysis of patient imaging, transcriptome, and survival data. Science Translational Medicine. 2019 Jan 2;11(473). pii: eaao5253. Also see a news article about this study: Washington University School of Medicine. Sex differences identified in deadly brain tumors: tailoring treatment to men, women may improve survival. ScienceDaily. January 2, 2019.
- Musella Foundation:
- ADC Review: Depatuxizumab Mafodotin (ABT-414) Drug Description
- Kast RE, Boockvar JA et al. A conceptually new treatment approach for relapsed glioblastoma: coordinated undermining of survival paths with nine repurposed drugs (CUSP9) by the International Initiative for Accelerated Improvement of Glioblastoma Care. Oncotarget. 2013 Apr;4(4):502-30.
- Dwight McKee, MD, editor: Clinical Pearls