Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for colorectal cancer. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Care in Colorectal Cancer
A 2018 article in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine provides an excellent overview of integrative therapies: Integrative treatment for colorectal cancer: a comprehensive approach.1 BCCT highly recommends this information source. We will create our own summary with more information soon.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Steele SR, Chang GJ et al. Practice guideline for the surveillance of patients after curative treatment of colon and rectal cancer. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum. 2015 Aug;58(8):713-25.
Integrative Programs, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about programs and protocols, see our Integrative Programs and Protocols page.|
- Programs and protocols
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select colon cancer , rectal cancer or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- Lee B: Colorectal Cancer: FOLFOX/FOLFIRI and Supportive natural therapies. Marsden Centre for Integrative Medicine
- American Institute for Cancer Research:
- National Cancer Institute:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: What Can I Do to Reduce My Risk of Colorectal Cancer?
- American Cancer Society: Can Colorectal Cancer Be Prevented?
More from Our Resources Database
- September 2018 Issue of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- US Department of Health and Human Services: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Ralph Moss, PhD: The Ultimate Guide to Cancer: DIY Research
- Danial E. Baker: Application of chronotherapy to the treatment of cancer: can changing the timing of drug administration influence efficacy and toxicity?
- Makala Kozo Hattori: The Healing Grace of Cancer
- Block KI, Block PB, Gyllenhaal C: Integrative Treatment for Colorectal Cancer