Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for colorectal cancer. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Care in Colorectal Cancer
A 2018 article in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine provides an excellent overview of integrative therapies: Integrative treatment for colorectal cancer: a comprehensive approach.1 BCCT highly recommends this information source. We will create our own summary with more information soon.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Gastrointestinal Cancer
Integrative Plans, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about protocols, see our Integrative Plans and Protocols page.|
- Plans, protocols and programs
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select colon cancer , rectal cancer or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- September 2018 Issue of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- US Department of Health and Human Services: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Danial E. Baker: Application of chronotherapy to the treatment of cancer: can changing the timing of drug administration influence efficacy and toxicity?
- Ralph Moss, PhD: The Ultimate Guide to Cancer: DIY Research