Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for melanoma. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
A starting place for the science and conventional therapies:
- National Cancer Institute:
- About Cancer
- Skin Cancer (Including Melanoma)—Patient Version
- Skin Cancer (Including Melanoma)—Health Professional Version
- Cancer.net: Melanoma
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Melanoma
Integrative Plans, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about protocols, see our Integrative Plans and Protocols page.|
- Plans, protocols and programs
- Alschuler & Gazella complementary approaches1
- Block programBlock KI. Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment. New York: Bantam Dell. 2009.
- Lemole, Mehta & McKee melanoma protocol2
- McKinney melanoma protocol3
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select melanoma/skin cancer or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.