Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for ovarian and other gynecologic cancers. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Care in Ovarian Cancer
A 2018 article in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine provides an excellent overview of integrative therapies: Integrative medicine for female patients with gynecologic cancer.1 BCCT highly recommends this information source. We will create our own summary with more information soon.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Gynecologic Cancer
Integrative Programs, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about programs and protocols, see our Integrative Programs and Protocols page.|
- Programs and protocols
General Information on Ovarian Cancer Treatments
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- American Cancer Society:
- Continuous Update Project. Ovarian cancer: How diet, nutrition and physical activity affect ovarian cancer risk. Diet and Cancer Report. World Cancer Research Fund International.
- Beavis AL, Smith AJ, Fader AN. Lifestyle changes and the risk of developing endometrial and ovarian cancers: opportunities for prevention and management. International Journal of Women’s Health. 2016 May 23;8:151-67.
- McKee D. Off Label Pharmaceutical ‘Cocktails’ For Cancer Treatment (excerpts relevant to ovarian cancer). A4M Integrative Cancer Therapies Module 6. June 6-8, 2013.
- Sweet ES, Standish LJ, Goff BA, Andersen MR. Adverse events associated with complementary and alternative medicine use in ovarian cancer patients. Integrative Cancer Therapies. 2013 Nov;12(6):508-16.
- Kobayashi Y, Banno K, Kunitomi H, Tominaga E, Aoki D. Current state and outlook for drug repositioning anticipated in the field of ovarian cancer. Journal of Gynecologic Oncology. 2019 Jan;30(1):e10.
- Cortez AJ, Tudrej P, Kujawa KA, Lisowska KM. Advances in ovarian cancer therapy. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. 2018 Jan;81(1):17-38.
- Halkia E, Spiliotis J. The role of cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in epithelial ovarian cancer. Journal of BUON. 2015 May;20 Suppl 1:S12-28.
Advocacy and Support Groups
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select your topic or cancer of interest from the dropdown menu.
- Other groups not included in above link from National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
More from Our Resources Database
- Donald I. Abrams, MD, and Andrew T. Weil, MD: Integrative Oncology, 2nd Edition
- September 2018 Issue of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Danial E. Baker: Application of chronotherapy to the treatment of cancer: can changing the timing of drug administration influence efficacy and toxicity?
- J. Christopher States, Ming Ouyang and C. William Helm: Systems approach to identify environmental exposures contributing to organ-specific carcinogenesis