Adrenal Gland Tumors
Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for adrenal gland cancer. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Approaches and Surgery
Surgery may be part of the recommended treatment for this cancer type. We provide helpful information about how integrative approaches can coordinate with surgery on our Integrative Approaches and Surgery page.
A starting place for the science and conventional therapies:
- National Cancer Institute:
- About Cancer
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma—Patient Version
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma—Health Professional Version
- Cancer.net: Adrenal Gland Tumor
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select your topic of interest from the dropdown menu (adrenal cancer is not included, but other, related topics are available).
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- Peixoto RD, Gomes LM et al. Efficacy of oral metformin in a patient with metastatic adrenocortical carcinoma: examination of mechanisms and therapeutic implications. Rare Tumors. 2018;10:1-7.