The Ultimate Guide to Cancer: DIY Research
This guide from Ralph Moss, PhD, BCCT advisor and leading chronicler of integrative cancer treatments, shows you how to use four of the main tools that doctors use to decide on the best cancer treatments. It will help you learn why some cancer treatments that look good in clinical trials may not work for “real world” patients. It will help you answer two questions that the doctor may be hesitant to answer in the detail you need to decide about treatment:
Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for mesothelioma. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Approaches and Surgery
Surgery may be part of the recommended treatment for this cancer type. We provide helpful information about how integrative approaches can coordinate with surgery on our Integrative Approaches and Surgery page.
A starting place for the science and conventional therapies:
- National Cancer Institute:
- About Cancer
- Malignant Mesothelioma—Patient Version
- Malignant Mesothelioma—Health Professional Version
- Cancer.net: Mesothelioma
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Thoracic Cancer
Advocacy and Support Groups
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select mesothelioma or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- MesotheliomaGuide: Mesothelioma Support Groups
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation: Advocacy
- The Mesothelioma Group: Our Mission
- Mesothelioma Hub: Mental Health and Mesothelioma
- Mesothelioma.com: Caregiver Resources
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- Asbestos.com: Mesothelioma
- Ralph Moss, PhD: The Moss Reports