Natural Products and Other Therapies
Many people with cancer, plus their caregivers and healthcare providers, are looking for natural products and other therapies. Finding credible information on therapies can be difficult.
Our Search Therapies section provides evidence-based or evidence-informed summaries on therapies that we believe merit consideration in integrative cancer care.
We don't recommend therapies but present what we've found regarding uses, cautions, professional opinions and more.
As in all aspects of medical care, each therapy needs to be considered in the context of your situation:
- Your cancer disease state
- Your physical condition: fitness, nutritional status, stress levels and resilience
- Other medical conditions present: allergies, diabetes or heart disease, for example
- Your available financial, emotional and logistical support
- All the other therapies you are using or plan to use
Integrative oncologists and naturopathic physicians are trained in considering the full context of your situation in recommending therapies. We encourage you to work with a healthcare team who can evaluate therapies in light of your personal context.
We also realize that not everyone has access to an integrative oncologist or naturopathic physician. You can access insights and guidance from some of the leaders in this field through their published plans, protocols and approaches. See our Integrative Plans and Protocols page.