Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for appendix cancers. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Approaches and Surgery
Surgery may be part of the recommended treatment for this cancer type. We provide helpful information about how integrative approaches can coordinate with surgery on our Integrative Approaches and Surgery page.
A starting place for the science and conventional therapies:
- National Cancer Institute:
- About Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumors Treatment (PDQ®)–Health Professional Version: Appendiceal Carcinoids
- Appendix Cancers Are Genetically Distinct from Other Gastrointestinal Cancers, Study Shows
- Cancer.net: Appendix Cancer: Introduction
- MD Anderson Cancer Center: Appendix Cancer
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Appendix Cancer
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Neuroendocrine Tumors
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select your topic of interest from the dropdown menu (select neuroendocrine tumors or other related topics).
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.