BCCT plans to write a summary on calcium D-glucarate. While our summary is in development, you can visit About Herbs: Calcium Glucarate
Before using this therapy, consult your oncology team about interactions with other treatments and therapies. Also make sure this therapy is safe for use with any other medical conditions you may have.
According to About Herbs summary of Calcium D-Glucarate, it is “well-tolerated with no toxicity reported.”
BCCT does not recommend therapies or doses, but only provides information for patients and providers to consider as part of a complete treatment plan. Patients should discuss therapies with their physicians, as contraindications, interactions and side effects must be evaluated.
Dosage recommendations are available from these sources:
- McKinney N. Naturopathic Oncology, 3rd Edition. Victoria, BC, Canada: Liaison Press. 2016.
- Natural Medicines Database (requires purchase)
Integrative Programs, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about programs and protocols, see our Integrative Programs and Protocols page.|
- Programs and protocols
- Raymond Chang, MD: Beyond the Magic Bullet: The Anti-Cancer Cocktail
- Neil McKinney, BSc, ND: Naturopathic Oncology, 3rd Edition
- Keith I. Block, MD: Life over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center: About Herbs, Botanicals and Other Products
- Lone Star Medical Group: Natural Alternative Treatments
- Therapeutic Research Center: Natural Medicines Database