Natural Products, Herbs, Nutrients and Supplements: Overview
Complex natural products used for healing and treatment of disease are an assortment of plant samples, extracts of crude natural substances, and unfractionated extracts from marine organisms. Some examples:
- Plant samples (botanicals) such as herbs, mistletoe, mushrooms and many others
- Extracts of crude natural substances, such as curcumin from turmeric or EGCG from green tea
- Unfractionated extracts from marine organisms, such as fish oil or shark cartilage
Browse or search the BCCT database.
- Hodges PJ, Kam PC. The peri-operative implications of herbal medicines. Anaesthesia. 2002 Sep;57(9):889-99.
- Editors: Iris F. F. Benzie and Sissi Wachtel-Galor: Herbal Medicine, 2nd Edition: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects
- American Botanical Council: HerbMed
- Ting Bao, MD: The Role of Integrative Therapy in Cancer Care
- Patrick Quillin, Phd, with Noreen Quillin: Beating Cancer with Nutrition (Fourth Edition)
- September 2018 Issue of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine: CanHEAL
- Ralph W. Moss: Herbs Against Cancer: History and Controversy