Financial Resources for People with Cancer
Many people find the cost of cancer treatment, and perhaps of loss of pay, to be financially burdensome, and maybe even catastrophic. BCCT offers these suggestions for financial and logistical assistance:
First, ask your oncologist for a referral so a social worker. Most, if not all, hospitals who treat cancer patients have social workers who can hook you up with local transportation and financial resources. That's their job, and they usually know the most about what's available in your area.
- Nancy's List Financial Assistance page
- Cancer.Net's Financial Resources page and Programs and Resources to Help With Cancer-related Expenses page
- Cancer Financial Coalition's Find Assistance from Organizations Providing Financial or Practical Help
- Health Partners' Financial assistance for cancer patients
- Stupid Cancer's Financial Assistance page