Our goal is to help you live as well as you can for as long as you can using the optimal combination of conventional, complementary and integrative therapies and approaches. Here you'll find resources for lung cancer. You can also use the search box in the upper right corner of every page or go to Search Therapy Summaries and search for your cancer.
Integrative Care in Lung Cancer
A 2018 article in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine provides an excellent overview of integrative therapies: Complementary and integrative medicine in lung cancer: questions and challenges.1 BCCT highly recommends this information source. We will create our own summary with more information soon.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Thoracic Cancer
- Society for Integrative Oncology: Deng GE, Rausch SM et al. Complementary therapies and integrative medicine in lung cancer: diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Chest. 2013 May;143(5 Suppl):e420S-e436S.
Integrative Programs, Protocols and Medical Systems
|For more information about programs and protocols, see our Integrative Programs and Protocols page.|
- Programs and protocols
Advocacy and Support Groups
National Comprehensive Cancer Network: Advocacy and Support Groups; select lung cancer or another topic of interest from the dropdown menu.
- National Cancer Institute: Contact Us for Help
Information specialists at the NCI Contact Center are available to help answer your cancer-related questions in English and Spanish whether you are a patient, family member or friend, health care provider, or researcher. We also respond to questions and requests for information about NCI and its programs and provide support in quitting smoking.
- Field RW, Withers BL. Occupational and environmental causes of lung cancer. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2012 Dec;33(4):681-703.
- Danial E. Baker: Application of chronotherapy to the treatment of cancer: can changing the timing of drug administration influence efficacy and toxicity?
- US Department of Health and Human Services: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Dwight McKee, MD, editor: Clinical Pearls
- September 2018 Issue of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine