Search Therapy Summaries
91 therapies and counting:
New! Our list of top healing practices and complementary therapies for treating cancer.
For helpful tips and selection criteria, review Searching Therapies: Overview.
Use these science-informed complementary therapy summaries to guide your choices. Many therapies are known by more than one name. If you don't see a therapy in this list with the name you know, try entering the name in the Keyword Search box.
- Aromatherapy (partial)
- Ashwagandha (partial)
- L-Theanine (partial)
- Magnolia Bark (partial)
- Mistletoe (European)
- Vitamin C (partial)
Topics Related to Searching Therapies
- Searching Therapies: Overview
- Centers, Clinics and Clinicians
- Detoxification Strategies
- Diagnostic Approaches
- Dosing Guidelines
- Integrative Medical Systems in Practice in the US and Canada
- Intuition in Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
- Integrative Programs and Protocols
- Quality and Sources of Herbs, Supplements and Other Natural Products
- Top Therapies Beneficial across Several Cancer Types
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Other Traditional Medicine Systems (includes Ayurvedic Medicine, Tibetan Medicine and Homeopathy)
*Some therapies are contraindicated for specific cancer types, though showing benefit for other types. BCCT makes reasonable efforts to scan the literature and keep up-to-date on therapies. We cannot promise that we have included all possible benefits or cautions for each cancer type in our summaries. We strongly encourage you to review the sources of our information and consult your healthcare team.
- Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Talking about Complementary and Alternative Medicine with Health Care Providers: A Workbook and Tips
- Dr. Wayne Jonas: 3 Ways to Use Supplements for Healing
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians: Webinar: Beyond Conventional Cancer Therapies: An online resource for integrative cancer care